At this point in the business cycle, it looks as though the credit crunch and the impending recession may be with us for a while.
In that case, maybe it’s time we grab a few drinks, and look for the silver linings in these clouds.
So, if you’re concerned how a protracted down market will affect your middle-market deal making, please join us at 4:00 p.m. on May 7 for an open bar, hors d’oeuvres, and a discussion about the steps you need to take to prosper in the months to come.
For our panel, we’ve recruited the Five Wise Men listed above, all battled-hardened private equity veterans who know about credit crunches, have been through recessions, and have seen what works -- and what doesn’t in times like these.
In a lively discussion moderated by private equity specialist Thomas Shattan, they’ll share their insights from previous downturns, their expectations for this cycle, and most of all, their strategies for how to cope, adapt, and prosper.
As an attendee, you’ll learn --
- How the credit crunch is impacting P.E. deal origination and deal completions
- What are the lessons from the past
- Whether certain parts of the middle market are more affected than others
- How they’ve adapted to the lack of credit and valuation turmoil to keep deal flow humming and the auction block crowded
- Whether minority-interest transactions will become more popular as sellers don’t want to give up control in this environment
- What industries are most affected by the crunch
- What sectors will be recovery leaders
- What has been the impact on their portfolio companies
- How you can make money in this market
- Have the sales of portfolio companies been affected and are recapitalizations too hard to execute
- How long do they expect this turndown to last, and when is the projected bottom of the cycle
- How this crisis is different from the “Internet bust”
- In which situations lenders remain bullish
And, of course, be sure to stick around for the open-bar cocktail reception.
For more information, please feel free to contact Richard Kimowitz at 212/832-7333 ext. 106 or email@example.com.
- 4:00-4:30 Registration
- 4:30-5:45 Five Wise Men Discussion
- 6:00-8:00 Cocktail Reception & Hors d'Oeuvres
Pricing & Registration details -- Pricing & Registration
Interested in Sponsoring?
Contact Melanie Berliet at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212/832-7333 ext. 112.
This program is being produced by The Capital Roundtable, America’s leading conference organization focusing on “need-to-know” information for professionals in the middle-market private equity community.